Thursday, October 26, 2023

Falling Behind Again


 I haven’t written since my birthday.  And CeCe’s birthday too!

My friend Susan has a 10/3 birthday, so starting at Ted’s birthday on 9/27 to one week later mine on 10/4, we have 3 birthdays to celebrate.  So we decided to avail ourselves of lunch at Taste of Texas!  This is a superb steakhouse and quite famous in the Houston area.  The food is absolutely outstanding and we had an excellent afternoon.  


We let Tommy come along to keep the number even.  He is a 4th of July birthday so he gets to celebrate with our nation!

On Tuesday we rejoined our Shanghai group at the country club.  Neither of us won but I had decent cards most of the night.  Their special menu for us is down to about a half dozen choices.  I ordered a quesadilla and Ted had a burger.  They were both very good but I don’t know what caused the choices to be so slim.

I was to have a cardiologist appointment for a yearly echo cardiogram but they changed it to Halloween.  But I did have my eyes checked and needed a new prescription.  I told him I can’t understand those British folks on TV so I need new glasses to read the closed captions.

I went to Sam’s to order the new glasses, got my flu shot and upped our membership to Sam’s Plus.  It cost $65 to save $60 on my glasses.  Now I get all kinds of perks I felt were worth paying $5 for!  

I was tired on my actual birthday and begged off to the next day to have dinner at Saltgrass.  The filet was excellent and we both cleaned our plates. Fatigue continues to rear its ugly head periodically.  I was glad we waited. 

Friday our generator people were at the door at 8 am!  We were expecting them at 10 but this was the guy to mark gas, electric and sprinkler lines.  The rest of the Generac people followed and all in good time, it was installed.  At 1pm, on Friday, it came on, exercised itself for 5 minutes just like it is supposed to.

We went to church as usual on Saturday and drove to Conroe to Joe’s for some Italian food.  We hadn’t had any in awhile.  Sunday was Neighbor’s Night Out weekend and our block was meeting down the street.  We were to bring contributions for our military and wear red, white and blue, which we did.  We met a few new neighbors and talked with some old ones. 

Sunday was a laid back day spent mostly in front of the TV.  Our next door neighbors are Israelis and have a house in Tel Aviv.  They happen to be there now.  He told me they are ok but are trying to get home.  I am sure he doesn’t want to write too much info on how they plan to do that.  I certainly am concerned for their safety.  

I played Canasta on Monday and WON for the first time ever, not counting the times I came in last and got my $1 back!  

My CPR class at Lone Star College was cancelled Tuesday and I spent Wednesday running errands.  It was drizzling and not a great day to be running in and out of stores.  I got two tops to wear with my Lily Pulitzer slacks on our cruise, returned some Amazon things at Kohl’s and stopped at Dollar General for some gift bags.

I guess this didn’t get posted.  Old news now.  Sorry!



 



,  

No comments: