Monday, September 25, 2023

The Reunion and then Home


About 60 of our class attended the 60th reunion.  I am peeking out straight behind from the gal in lime green.  It was great catching up with so many!  We had a class of just over 200.  With 35 deceased, we were at about half accounted for.  


I won a mug with our emblem and year on one side and 60th reunion written on the other for having come the farthest!  


This was our table, no rhyme or reason who sat where but my BFF since 1950 is the dark hair in blue next to me.

We were up early and left Dan’s in Cincinnati about 7:45 am.  We drove to Little Rock AR stopping about 7 pm.  We went to a pizza place next to Hilton’s Tru hotel where we stayed and turned in immediately after.  The next day we arrived home about 2 pm.  It was 100 degrees!  Yep, we were home.

We unloaded the car, cleaned up, went to church, came home, too tired to eat.  I went to bed about 8 and slept until 5 am.  I worked for 8 hours getting everything unpacked and put away.  Terry and Carol were in town to attend a friend’s birthday party so they took us to dinner and came back to our house to visit.

It was great waking up in my own bed.  I only had 73 days of mail to go through and all that would entail.  About 3, I took a nap until Ted woke me to eat dinner.  Now to return to our normal life for awhile.  






No comments: