Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Nearing the End

Monday we met Carole and Margo for breakfast.  They are “by chance” friends of a friend we met almost 20 years ago due to RVing.  They travel the world and are so interesting.  We meet each time we are both in Michigan at the same time. I think breakfast lasted about 2.5 hours!  They are looking to move into an independent senior housing complex when a unit they want becomes available.  They admitted they will not be able to travel as much once that happens.  We understand.  Many of our friends have sold their RVs.  

Tuesday we drove west and some Retama friends from Monroe, MI drove north and we met in Novi!  We had lunch then Karen and I shopped while the fellows found a comfortable place to sit and talk.  We had a good laugh when they arrived because Karen and I were both dressed in navy and white while Ted and Dave both had on beige shorts and black shirts!  Talk about “getting the memo”!  After a great visit we said our goodbyes and look forward to meeting up again in the Rio Grande Valley next winter.  

Wednesday I announced I was not “adulting” for the day.  We had nothing planned and I was just going to move at a slow pace.  I did straighten up, made the bed, etc. and later fixed dinner.  We then sat outside in the evening watching the TV on the side of the RV until it got too cold and we went in.  I enjoyed my little vacation day!  

Thursday we had to go into town so I could drive Kara for a medical procedure and Ted could sit with Bill.  When Kara and I returned she fixed lunch and I did two loads of laundry.  Kelly, Bidkar and CeCe came over later and Ted cooked on Bill’s grill to feed everyone dinner.  We eventually made our way home for the night.  

Friday it rained and we went to see Top Gun!  Everyone said it was really good so we saw our third movie this trip.  More than we have seen in the last 5 years probably.  I got out what I thought was a meatloaf for dinner but when I took the foil off the loaf pan container, it was left over pasta!  Yikes, dinner time and my plans went kaput.  I quickly defrosted some tortellini soup, reheated the pasta, put out rolls with ham slices along with cheese and we made do.  Not planned but it cleared out some leftovers.  And I know I have a frozen meatloaf at home when we get there!  

Saturday Ted went shooting and I cleaned some.  That really doesn’t take too long.  We decided to go to Mass in town, eat out and then take an order to Kara and Bill who is still recuperating.  Pat had to read at their church at 5 so I told them to get something afterwards and bring it to Kara’s right around 6 because we would be arriving about then.  They could all eat together.  We seemed to be on schedule until their phone order to Chipotle went to a location “closed for lack of help” sign when they showed up to get it!  And their credit card had been charged!  

Back to Square One and in comes CeCe, Bidkar and Ally.  Easy fix, pizza all around, we had stopped to buy a Boston cream pie for dessert so everyone got fed.

We took everyone to a Mexican restaurant on Sunday for dinner.  Poor Kara has been burdened having  constant company plus taking care of Bill and sleeping in a recliner to hear him throughout the night.  He really can’t come out here or go to Kelly’s because of his cooling machine, and overall comfort.  

It was back to Kara’s for the 4th but everyone pitched in and Kara had 3 friends stopping by.  I made ambrosia, took in the Boston Cream pie that had not been eaten and picked up 28 pieces of chicken from the Chicken Shack.  

CeCe had the most fun!  She loves all the people around.  She will start pre-school this week finally.  The pandemic played havoc with jobs and day care availability so they have juggled her care as safely as they could.  She loves her Pops (her grandpa is Boppa) and climbs up on him as soon as he sits down.


Today we have no plans.  Tomorrow is a grocery run, hair cut and dessert at another Celanese boss’s home  who has invited us for dessert.  His wife sees Kara a lot and I said we would come to them since we are coming into town and Kara needs a break.  Lori agreed with me because she knows about Bill’s surgery.  

And Thursday we are 🎶🎵🎶🎵 On the Road Again 🎶🎵🎶🎵



No comments: