Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Time to Pay the Piper

Sunday Ted worked a shooting event as a puller/caller.  He pocket dialed me and I could hear the shots and his call of "two dead."  So I just hung up.  I had agreed to play cards Monday so I had plenty impetus to get things done.  When we returned Saturday everything was put away so on Sunday I had the refrigerator things to put away and a few loads of laundry.  I stripped the bed on our last morning so that and what was in the hamper needed attention.  By Monday I was in good shape.

I subbed in a Shanghai group in the afternoon after a busy morning going to the doctor where I paid the bill that had arrived, made Ted an appointment for next week, and picked up my last blood test results to take to the cardiologist in a few weeks.  Then I took my watch to get a new battery at Batteries Plus where we have free batteries for life for registered watches.  Then I took my cocktail ring to the jeweler to have a small diamond replaced.  It is a marquis shaped ring and this is the smallest diamond on one of the two points.  The replacement cost is minimal but all the prongs that need to be reworked on both my rings is substantial!  She said I was lucky to have lost the smallest diamind and not either of my large diamonds.  

Our card game was enjoyable.  It was so nice to be out and about with friends.  Most everyone had bad hands and the scores were so high (you want to be low)!  But it is $2.30 at most you can lose so it is all in fun.  

A trip to the dentist was called for as I had pain return on my upper right side.  I had it checked 6 months ago but the tooth was sound.  It stopped bothering me and I didn’t think about it until last weekend.  I was seen right away but he said pretty much the same thing.  I was directed to an endodondist in case a root canal is needed.  I have a crown which is hiding what may be wrong.  So I have to wait 10 days drinking from a straw and eating on one side of my mouth.  Always something!

I have been cleaning out closets and tossing some extraneous stuff we have gathered in 56 years.  I did the linen closets, bathroom cabinets and bedroom closets.  It looks better but we still have lots that can go!

No comments: