Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Still Hangin’ With the Astros!

We had a pretty quiet weekend, not doing much.  The highlight of Saturday was me slicing off the side of my pinky on the mandolin while slicing cucumbers.  With the Eliquis I bled like a stuck pig but kept pressure on it until we could get it bandaged.  After all we had church, eating and cards to play.

We had a great experience at Wendy’s.  We were the ONLY people in the restaurant.  They were out of chili, they made Ted’s "plain double cheeseburger" with all the fixings.  Ted wants nothing on his burger and told them!  So he waited again.  They brought that and no one had dropped any French fries so we waited some more.  I walked over to see what the problem was and she was crediting our card for the whole order!  Geesh!  So much for grabbing a "quick" bite.

Only four couples came to play cards.  We kept the TV on to track the Astros game.  It wasn’t a fun one to watch.  After 5 out of 6 hands I remained in first place with only 15 points.  Then Pam got a Shanghai and I had 152 points in my hand and I dropped to third place!  Darn.

Sunday we went to WalMart to get a tentanus shot for me and a flu shot for Ted.  I had gotten my flu shot on Tuesday.  They had asked if I wanted a tetanus shot then but I didn’t want two at the same time in case I had any reactions.  Neither ended up bothering me.

We finally got a good rain on Monday while I was at Canasta.  There were 12 of us playing.  I did not win, of course.  This is the group where I am always in the middle!  I told them I would not be there in November.

Here are some photos of Cece!




No comments: