Friday, January 25, 2019

I Hate Not Posting Photos!

I am once again unable to post photos - but I am not alone!  After deleting history, clearing cookies, etc. I found a huge help page with everyone complaining about the Error 400 we are receiving.  Other than switching to WordPress not much else was suggested.  But many suggestions were given to Google so just maybe I can wait this out and hope they fix their end.

We have been a bit busy so I am losing track of days!  We played Mexican Train one night with Tom and Eileen, we went to Cheddar's to eat and then went to see The Redhead Express, a family group we have followed since 2007, on Monday.  We also saw them in Pueblo CO and Plant City FL.  Kara's family saw them in Ann Arbor MI.  We sure enjoy visiting with them before the show.  

Tuesday we had a Fashion Show baker's meeting to decide who was bringing what and how much then followed up with a DOG lunch. ( DRV Owners Group - our brand of RV).  Our Texas Boomers RV club wagonmasters organized it, Dale and Donna who we parked next to at Bentsen Palm years ago were there and John and Diana, also from the crowd at Bentsen Palm, attended.  The 8 of us sat together and had a terrific time.   

We spent a chilly day Wednesday at the DonWes flea market gathering info and photos.  My Forum class of 2009 is responsible for two gift baskets on the silent auction table at our March gala.  There is no better place to look than the game booths at the flea market.  I bought some ground nutmeg at the spice booth to take home.  Then I bought a summer sausage and cheddar cheese spread to keep on hand for those impromptu last minute gatherings.  I sent the game info off to the basket chairladies and await their thoughts on what they want to include!  We played Mexican Train again and I won!  We all have trouble beating Tom!

Thursday was our breakfast again.  Different restaurant $6.40 for plain omelet, toast  and coffee versus last week's rip off.  In the afternoon we went to see an ABBA tribute show.  I had two tall people in front of me so I moved and met a new friend!  We both had a great time getting into the music while Tom, Ted and Eileen said they didn't recognize the music!  Really?  Teri and I had a selfie taken with the guitarist but it won't post.  

We stopped at Applebee's on the way home then settled in to watch A Million Little Things.  If you haven't watched it, give it a try.  However, there are many story lines and it may be hard to catch on unless you start at the beginning.  

On Friday I attended the model's meeting about what we have to do, where and when we go to get our outfits, etc.  When we were finished I popped into the card room to play mahjong.

I was running out of time to get my January WW weigh-in taken care of.  My December one was on the 19th, the day before we left for Hawaii.  So I opted to go to a 7:30 am meeting on Saturday.  I was delighted to be -.8 from my last weigh in!  I decided to stay for the meeting and was glad I did.  I met some nice ladies and stayed afterwards to continue our discussion.  Later that day we went to church with Tom and Eileen, then to El Patio for dinner, and on to see The Goldwing Express.  We really enjoyed their performance!  

Today I played mahjong and got a mahjong!  We were using Linda's brand new game and I got the first ever mahjong with it!  Since 28 ladies left for a cruise today, Ted invited 3 of the "bachelors" for dinner.  He went to the store, fixed sloppy joes, and was setting the table when I returned.  I helped him finish up with baked beans, Cole slaw, chips and peach ice cream.  They all sat in the coach house talking afterwards while I did the dishes.  We are invited to Bonnie's for dinner Tuesday to feed the "bachelors."

Our total for the Border Patrol Project was $16,800 in one week!  When the government reopened we had 23 cards left.  We will see how many approach us this week and will continue to hand them out as they are requested.  We are not collecting any more money and if cards are left we will wait until the three weeks are up and decide what to do.  If all goes well and the government remains open, they will be turned over to a food bank.  What a terrific group of people who live in these two villages next to each other.  Of course we see first hand what a hard job these agents do.  


No comments: