Saturday, December 19, 2015

And We Are Off

I was still stiff on Friday.  Walking on concrete for hours on end is hard on everything I think.  I took a pain pill, the first in a very long time, but I had things to do and didn't have the luxury of taking it easy.

I finished my three reports and sent them off, balanced the checkbook, paid a few bills, updated Ted's GPS, did some emailing trying to find my friend's elusive Christmas cards that have been in transit 9 days! and started bagging the pantry items we will be taking.

My clothes, medicines, and paperwork I need over the next three months are ready to go too.  Saturday will be another busy day with moving the trailer to the campground and then loading it with all our stuff.

We met Gerre and Barry for dinner and exchanged gifts.  She gave me a delicate hand crocheted necklace and the four Lenox napkin rings I have been looking for.  I was so pleased because no one had been able to find them.  I gave her a carved wooden pelican from Mexico because they live on Pelican Bay and collect them and a Vera Bradley umbrella. She loves Vera Bradley.

My back was still not 100% on Saturday but I needed to forge ahead.  Ted went to hook up and pull the trailer to the campground.  I met him there with some of the things to be put away.  Another back and forth trip and we were in good shape.  We grabbed a Subway sandwich late in the afternoon and went back home to get ready for church.  We saw so many folks this week - two neighbor couples, three church bunco couples, a Newcomers couple, and Sheri who I worked with all week.  It was like old home week.  I gave Carol her birthday gift because we will be gone in January and then headed home for one last time.  

We gathered up the last few things, checked everything (we hope), locked up and left to spend the night in the trailer so we can leave early in the morning.  I am following Ted in the car this year.  We think having two vehicles will be advantageous.  Time will tell. 

So as we sit here with our fireplace on, watching Katy, TX win the high school Class 6A football championship, Ted and I want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and God's blessings on everyone.

P.S.  The elusive cards that the post office swore on Saturday morning they never received, were delivered to my friend at 6:45 pm.  Miracles do happen.  Just ask the post office!  But she was thrilled with them and now can get them out.  All's well that ends well I guess.


No comments: