Monday, March 1, 2010

I Lied AND I Had to Cook!

Well here I am after saying I wouldn't be but I do have a few things to share. The fellows had a great time at Laser Tag. Poor Sam had a -29 the first round (meaning he got shot more then he shot others) but brought that up to a 30 on the second round. Ted came in 7th (out of 32) the first round and 2nd the second round. I'm sure, given one more crack at it, he would have made first!

While they were gone I played with Morgan. We were on Purble Place on the computer making cakes, choosing pairs and another game I had a hard time figuring out. It was too hard for her to play. Then we played Go Fish and War with cards. Finally we played Sorry Slider, a new version of the Sorry board game.

Eventually Christine and Kelsey came to visit - with more flowers!! The kids went off to play, Kara and Christine visited and I had some down time. When the boys all came home I heated up the tortillini soup and put out the salad with bread for our dinner.

Today I got up to get the kids off and Allen was just leaving. I asked what he wanted for dinner and he said he didn't know, no one had ever asked him that! So I got a pork tenderloin out to defrost. Kara's friend Kellie came to visit and brought Kara some body wash and visited for awhile. Since Kara was allowed to start soft foods, we made a trip to the grocery where we spent a lot of time reading labels. She can only eat about 1/4 cup of food at a time and it has to be high in protein. That doesn't leave a lot to choose from.

Another flower arrangement arrived but it was a basket of bulbs that are peeking through and will bloom shortly. Then a box was delivered that contained a Disney throw. Someone knows how much this family loves Disney World. I put "thank you notes" on the grocery list!

All our activity wore Kara out and she took a two hour nap. The kids came home and I went through the backpacks and sat with them while they did their homework. Ted read a book to Morgan because that is part of her homework this month. Then she had to color the shamrock on March 1 to indicate she had been read to or had read herself.

Sue arrived to visit with Kara so I put the tenderloin in the oven, set the table and got the rest of our meal together. Poor Kara had protein whey mixed with applesauce and a little apple juice. Blah!!

Tomorrow the cleaning ladies are coming in the morning, Ted is going to the Detroit News, my friend Barb is coming for lunch and we need to go to the vitamin store to get all the supplements Kara needs.

I don't know when I'll write again. I'm not even going to venture a guess!

No comments: